Think Ahead about your Battery
- Battery Age: Vehicles that have batteries that are 3 years or older are 30% more likely to experience battery failure
- Under or Outside the Hood: Heat accelerates corrosion in the battery.
- Its Cold Outside: Cold weather affects the chemical reaction which in turn increases the current needed to start a vehicle draining the battery of life.
- The more you crank: The charging system doesn’t get a chance to recharge when you crank without driving.
Battery Buying Tips
- Make sure that the ratings are based on a CCA rating and not HCA or CA.
- Freshness matters. Batteries are perishable much like your favorite food. Have your local BESA distributor show how you to read a date code on a battery.
- Value is not delivered just on price. There is a difference in the quality of the batteries you buy. Make sure you understand what you are buying and ask for a BESA distributor.
- Understand the warranty: What is the free replacement period? Where do you have to go to get the warranty? Is it nationwide? What is a prorate? These are all questions you need to know.
Battery Council International
Battery Electrical Specialists Association
Travel Safe with Batteries and Battery Powered Devices